Thursday, June 7, 2007

Miscellaneous Thoughts

1. My last rehearsal before vacation (going to my sister's wedding) was ... not-good. I think that somehow I strain my voice when I'm focused on learning new music (especially harmonies). So by the time we got to my G's and A-flats, my voice was not in good shape. (Plus allergies, being tired, being stressed, etc.)

2. I got nervous singing at my sister's wedding. Why? I never used to get nervous when performing. I only used to get nervous at auditions. I had major butterflies in my stomach. My husband said I sounded great, though.

3. I'm not much of a dancer when it comes to choreographed movement. I'm decent, but not great. But I know I can pretty much always tear up the dance floor at a club, wedding reception, etc. That's a good feeling. (And I always get compliments.)

4. Urinetown rehearsal on Tuesday was much better. And I'm getting excited all over again. In a few minutes I'll be off to another rehearsal.

5. I'm only 5'6" — but I feel freakishly tall in the world of theater (at least community theater in Vermont). I am frequently the tallest woman auditioning. For Urinetown, I'm pretty sure I'm the tallest woman in the show. Odd.

No comments: