Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Pursuing my dream

This feels right.

I'm starting to take some small steps toward what I know I want, and it feels good. There's a clarity of purpose. It all seems to make sense. There's a joy in the idea of pursuing my dream, as crazy and improbable as that dream may be. I had a funny breakthrough the other day. I was thinking about how scary the thought of moving to New York and really trying for it would be. And then I laughed out loud. Of course it's scary! It's supposed to be scary. There would probably be something wrong with me if it weren't scary.

For now my goal is to focus on the spring auditions: StrawHat, NETC and VATTA. So, I'll definitely prepare an audition that I can use VATTA (the Vermont auditions, which are open). And, I hope I'll be able to also use it at StrawHat and/or NETC. Those are the non-union professional auditions (for summer-stock and regional theatres) that you have to apply to audition for.

No comments: