Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Photos and compliments

Grace When I came out after the show, the one thing people invariably said to me was "Your costumes were amazing!" Friends and acquaintances told me how gorgeous I looked and gushed over the final dress.

I did joke a bit about how I could have forgotten all my lines and I would have gotten the same reaction. (How was my acting? Was that any good or was it just about the costumes?) Nevertheless, it felt good to be told how well I looked on stage. Many people commented on how much I looked the part, too.

At the orphanage And I got some lovely compliments on my performance. The music director of Urinetown told me he was proud of me. Former Urinetown castmates said I was "amazing." Well, there were a lot of nice compliments — from my looks to my singing and acting to my dancing. And the choreographer of Urinetown gave me the one compliment I think I most wanted to hear. She said, "You've developed a lot since last year." I said, "Thank you. I've been working really hard."

NYC


Party dressThis dress was amazing. Vintage (from the 1930s), bias-cut satin. Girly-girl that I am, I adored it. And everybody commented on it. People would walk up to me and say "Oh my god, that dress!"


Singing

All photos © Adam Silverman

No comments: