Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Joy and Sadness

Hope and Bobby Dress rehearsal last night went really well. A couple small problems, which is to be expected, but terrific overall. The music director said it was the best I had ever sung "I See A River," and it was. It felt great!

And it strikes me so powerfully how the things that can bring the most joy to our lives can also bring the most sadness. I am never happier than when I am performing on stage. Having a wonderful leading role gives me so much joy (from Eliza in high school to Corie a year and a half ago to Hope now).

We're Not SorryAnd then I got to bed at 12:30 a.m. and had to get up at 6:30 a.m. to get ready for an early meeting at work ... and the bleakness associated with that makes me feel sad. I want nothing so much as I want to act (and sing and dance) all the time. So whenever I'm not doing it, there's a certain level of sadness and yearning that comes when I'm not doing it.

I'm still stuck in that phase of trying to figure things out. Is it worth taking the risk? If I try to pursue theatre professionally, there's a potential that I could do it more ... but a greater potential that I could do it less. Ack! Well, I'm going to audition for local shows in the next week and a half, and we'll see how things turn out on that front.

These photos are from dress rehearsal and are © 2007, Adam Silverman.

No comments: